I'm a tech-savvy designer and servant leader with a proven track record of driving innovative teams to achieve measurable results in product design and business objectives. I enhance, mentor, and empower multi-disciplined product and digital user experience teams with quantifiable improvements in process efficiency, product satisfaction, customer success, brand equity, revenue, and team cohesiveness.
Kelly Mitchell is a technology consulting company. I'm dedicated to Dell Technologies experience design team focused on cloud services product design.
Lead product and experience design and strategy for multiple As-a-Service (XaaS) product tracks for the Dell Technologies Cloud Platform.
- Facilitate design thinking approach to solutions with a “3 in the Box” holistic design team — UX, product manager, and development engineer.
- Champion user-first design methodologies for product designers and other stakeholders.
- Expand the influence of design as “how a thing works” within product management and engineering teams.
- Mentor product designers in process efficiency, stakeholder interactions, and design presentation.
An agile digital-experience design, application, and branding consultancy.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Contract)
Design branding, marketing collateral, and user experience for MIT Machine Intelligence for Manufacturing and Operations (MIMO), a newly-formed affiliate of the MIT Quest for Intelligence organization, a partner of the MIT Leaders for Global Operations Program.
TrailerHub USA (Contract)
Experience design for a startup aimed to disrupt the trailer industry with a transformative marketplace with an integrated dealer and manufacturer-management portal.
- Architected user experience, user personas, process/user flows, and supportted the development team in scoping of a new, transformative marketplace website and ERP web-application business management suite.
- Drove UX and product design output from concept to tech implementation and nurtured collaboration between appropriate stakeholders and resources.
- Provided marketing and branding expertise and guidance for startup ecommerce marketplace.
Motorola Solutions, public-safety communications, acquired Kodiak in 2017. I transitioned to the product management user experience team.
- Managed the transition of the product design user experience team from the legacy, pre-acquisition system to the Motorola product design system for mobile and web-based apps.
- Improved user satisfaction ranking of web-application suite by 45% after incorporating design system and control consistency.
- Maximized development efficiency by 20% by streamlining agile-based process and incorporating development engineers.
- Lead usability testing program for mobile apps and expanded it to include suite of 5 web-based applications.
- Developed and maintained a 100%-uptime full-stack web-based production-level dynamic application tutorial and tour system for 12 client deployments.
- Extensive collaboration with product managers, product marketing, user researchers, software engineers, and end users.
- Established adaptable design system and standards for iOS, iPadOS, Android, and web-based applications.
- Created user journeys, storyboards, site maps, wireframes, and prototypes with emphasis on web-based applications.
Startup software development company that built software-based communication platforms (PaaS/SaaS) for cellular wireless operators.
- Performed a multi-disciplined role in product design, marketing, and digital operations.
- Directed a core team and external agencies in product and corporate branding, digital engagement, marketing communications, corporate-wide design, and managed full-stack digital/web properties.
- Collaborated with wireless carriers—AT&T, Bell Mobility, Ericsson, FirstNet, Sprint, Vodafone, Verizon, etc.—to optimize and align marketing and product strategies.
- Initiated comprehensive customer success program resulting in a 45% increase in user satisfaction.
- Evangelized a design-thinking approach, including at the executive level, to establish a more design-driven culture.
- Achieved ultimate objective of attaining a $280 million company acquisition through strategic marketing, product positioning, and a 1200% market growth.
- Led corporate rebranding campaign that increased industry knowledge of product and its key capabilities by 2700% over a 2-year period.
- Established collaborative website development program for wireless-carrier clients driving a 450% increase in software subscription conversions.
- Executed a consolidated analytics strategy setting the standard and resulting in a 10-fold improvement in feature utilization.
ClubCorp is largest owner and operator of private clubs in the U.S focusing on exclusive lifestyle experiences for members and hosted events.
- Led a team of 30 web/digital-centric UX, UI, content managers, software engineers, visual designers, copywriters, SEO/media buyers, and analytic specialists
- Led the transition planning, redesign, and deployment of >160 club and corporate websites to a non-proprietary CMS saving the company more than $22 million.
- Coordinated with IT in implementation of technology in support of digital initiatives.
- Increased aggregate unique visitors by 30% with in a 20% increase in overall lead volume for sales.
- Designed an in-club touch-enabled information kiosk system designed as a member information resource to aid member retention and an impactful sales tool for new memberships and private events bookings.
- Created “Benefits Finder” web application reducing call center call volume by 20% in first year. Project involved consolidation of ~10 disparate sources of offline data into a relational database, integrating complex business logic, and crafting a simplified user experience.
- Established a standard, corporate-wide design system for all customer-facing applications allowing for a consistent user experience.
- Identified key performance indicators and consolidated analytics into a common system to track website activity, website-sourced phone calls, touchscreen usage, web-application usage, and ad performance.
I started and operated a digital-focused agency with DNA in traditional media for technology-centric clients.
Directed multiple client relationships serving as the primary and high-level contact for strategy. Sold new project ideas to clients that aligned with business, marketing, and branding goals. Owned P&L, forecasts, budgets, and ROI. Facilitated all legal contracts. Directed team, aligning appropriate mix of dynamic staff to deliver on-strategy, high-quality work. Oversaw all deliverables to ensure quality.
- After 10+ years of growing the company, I executed my exit strategy by selling the firm’s list of 40 active clients and transitioned assets in 2010.
- Over a 10-year period, I managed, created, and implemented over 1,500 marketing and digital projects.
- Built up the client list from 2 to more than 40 active clients while building a dynamic team of internal and contractors.